Wednesday, May 6, 2009

NYT blog post :When Will Women Become a Work-Force Majority?

I read this article on the increasing women workforce percentage in the US. In the relationship of this increasing percentage to the credit crisis and the need of capitalism to reduce the expenses of labor to gain much more profit, this reminded me with the Marxian theory.

I quote this:

The chart below compares overall employment (in millions of jobs) to the female percentage of that employment, with each month shown as its own data point. When the recession began in December 2007, there were 138.2 million nonfarm payroll jobs, of which 48.7 percent were held by women. Last month’s employment report showed that February employment was down to 133.7 million, of which 49.6 percent of jobs were held by women.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.